Calmar's vision is to be the world leader in supplying robust, compact, picosecond and femtosecond fiber laser solutions for OEM, industrial, medical, and scientific applications by using its unique innovative laser technology and strong customer commitment.
Established in 1996, Calmar’s first generation of picosecond and femtosecond fiber laser products was targeted for test equipment in the demanding world of telecom. This provided an important foundation for today’s organization in establishing a culture where an intimate understanding of our customer needs is key and delivering on a promise of product performance, quality, and reliability is the ultimate measure of our success. Currently, we are shipping OEM femtosecond and picosecond fiber laser modules and systems to a global customer base. Our intrinsic designs ensure reproducibility and consistency in a volume-based manufacturing process to deliver unmatched product quality with stable, maintenance-free operation.
With their ease of use, superior performance, and compact reliable design, fiber lasers have enjoyed explosive growth over the past several years and gained significant market share in a wide array of industrial laser applications. Ultrafast fiber laser technology is now poised to be the catalyst that stimulates the next stage of growth. With over 27 years of extensive picosecond and femtosecond fiber laser expertise, Calmar is perfectly positioned to be a leader in the field. Calmar intends to expand its business through serving OEM customers in the medical and industrial markets, while continuing to support the research community with leading edge products.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Calmar has attracted and developed a distinguished team of professionals. Our people are the company’s most valuable asset and provide us with a compelling competitive edge. Our world-class optical fiber laser engineers, prominent RF and electronics experts, and an insightful applications team work closely with our customers to provide creative optoelectronic solutions that set us apart from our competitors. Calmar has more than 21 US patents issued and several pending.
Our product platform is built upon Ultrafast Fiber Laser technology. Our key products include the following:
- The Mendocino series is a range of passively mode-locked ultrafast fiber lasers (FPL) that provides reliable optical pulses from sub 100 fs to 20 ps at MHz repetition rates.
- The Carmel X-series (CFL) is a range of high power, air-cooled, 780 nm and 1550 nm fiber-based femtosecond lasers with output powers from 0.2 to greater than 2.0 W.
- The Cazadero series (FLCPA) is a unique fiber laser chirped pulse amplification system that offers pulse energies up to 3 µJ and pulse widths of less 500 fs at 1550 nm in a robust industrial package.
- The Eureka benchtop (PSL-1) series is a range of actively mode-locked ultrafast fiber lasers that offer very stable 1550 nm picosecond pulses at GHz repetition rates.
Our products are widely used in a wide variety of markets and applications, such as:
- Biomedical applications
- Microelectronics processing
- Solar cell manufacturing
- Medical diagnostics
- Multi-photon microscopy
- Optical sampling
- Precision materials processing
- Quality Control
- Optical network characterization